Position Title: Sales/Business Development Rep
Location: Houston, Texas (position is on-site)
Subsea Solutions seeks an experienced sales/ business development professional to seek out new clients, manages existing clients and generate new business.
To be successful in this position, the candidate should already have established contacts with operators (oil companies) in the drilling / exploration / well intervention area.
Examples of these contacts would be drilling superintendents, drilling managers, or subsea reliability team leaders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contact current and potential clients via telephone, email on a regular basis. This may include cold-calling.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with clients.
- Seek out (hunter) the contacts in a client’s organization who are the “decision-makers” or contracting our type of services.
- Make physical visits to clients to discuss business activities. Submit trip reports.
- Look for out-of-the-box job opportunities to supply services not currently providing.
- Maintain an ongoing summary of contacts and potential jobs for presentative of a weekly status to company management.
- Manage incoming client inquiries, provide quotes and manage the quote follow-up process.
- Provide marketing content to Office Manager to assist with social media presence.
- Participate in meetings with company management and staff to summarize activities and discuss possible new business activities.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity in business dealings with external clients as well as internal company personnel.
- Ability to work in a small business environment
- Maintain a well-groomed and professional appearance utilizing business attire.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) Minimum three years of oil & gas sales /business development experience.
- Must have a dependable vehicle with insurance for traveling to clients and/or other company business such as attending conferences.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver’s license.
- Must have a valid passport for possible visits to international clients
Must have a very good command and demonstrated use of the English language. Comfortable speaking to clients or making presentations to small groups or at conferences. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to compose emails, quotes, reports, and business correspondence to clients. Confidence to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 10, including, Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point. Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat file creation and modification, transferring files and file management
Ability to add, subtract, multiply divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute profit margins, markups, discounts and % withholdings required for taxes.
Job location is in the "Energy Corridor" of Houston (near the intersection of I-10 Katy Freeway and TX Highway 6). This is an office based, not remote position.
Job Type: Full-time - Employee
- 401 (K)
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Available to reply to client requests/queries after-hours when as-required
- Possible travel on weekends