Position Location: Houston, Texas (position is on-site)
Conducts training delivery for company’s employees and clientele by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Exhibit high level proficiency in interpreting hydraulic, electrical and system engineering drawings between 12-24 months.
- Performs delivery of course content/material to students in classroom setting.
- Participates in needs analysis studies to determine training needs and criteria within the related industry of the company.
- Participates in formulating teaching rubrics and determining best suitable instructional methods such as for individual or group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops.
- Administers related quizzes and exams to trainees.
- Team member that can work independently from oral and written task assignment lists, for purposes of the on-going maintenance of all training programs, course materials, procedures and assessments to satisfy the training requirements.
- Attendance is mandatory to meet with graphics animators in determining animation needs and to provide feedback with regards to progress and accuracy of final outcome.
- Confers with management hierarchy to gain knowledge of specific current work situations requiring employees to better understand company’s policies, procedures, regulations, and technologies.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Develop creative training solutions and materials by incorporating cognitive and adult learning theory in the instructional design course. Conducts needs assessments pertinent to the goals of the organization. Identifies appropriate evaluation techniques to assess whether the learning design solution produces a change in attitude, skill knowledge and behavior. Demonstrates attention to detail.
Project Team Attributes
Communicates changes and progress. Be adaptable to changing situations. Completes projects on time and budget. Remain open to ideas from others and explore new method approaches. Be able to build consensus within team through research and justification of proposal. Exhibits self-confidence, inspire and motivate others. Excellent team player that can effectively work independently or in dynamically assigned groups.
Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Qualifications & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate of Applied Science degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology or Science Education.
- Three to five years related well control equipment experience and/or training preferred.
- Three to Five years Career Technology Education instruction in Communtiy College with concentration in Electronics, Electrical, Automobile, and or Mechanical Technology.
Must have a very good command and demonstrated use of the English language. Must be comfortable speaking from a public platform to 12-30 participants. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Office Suite 10, including : Access Database software, Excel spreadsheet, Outlook, Work, and Power Point.
Adobe Acrobat Professional and multimedia video editing software.
Job location is in the "Energy Corridor" of Houston (near the intersection of I-10 Katy Freeway and TX Highway 6). This is an office based, not remote position.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401 (K)
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person