The Surveyor / Sr. Surveyor inspects vessels to certify compliance with national and international safety regulations in rig equipment.
- Compare stack configuration (rams, choke and kill, plumbing, sensors, controls, MUX systems hardware and software, etc.) to the latest approved revision of data book, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) component documents.
- Perform inspection to identify any changes / modifications. Verify that any modifications have been designed, installed, tested, and validated through a management of change (MOC) process. Ensure that all documentation updates including, but not limited to, data books, procedures, and maintenance management system have been implemented. Comment if changes have been validated by the OEM, and what, if any, actions are outstanding.
- Verify that any control system software modifications have been designed, installed, tested, and validated through a management of change (MOC) process. Ensure that all documentation updated including, but not limited to, procedures and maintenance management system have been implemented. Comment if changes have been validated by the OEM, and what, if any, actions are outstanding.
- Review rig’s management system documentation to establish if any changes have been made to the BOP and / or its components. Verify that a management of change process has been utilized if changes have been made. State if changes have been validated by the OEM.
- Verify that the BOP has not been compromised or damaged from previous service.
- Verify that the BOP will operate in the conditions in which it will be used.
- Verify equipment certification.
- Maintain an updated list of any non-compliance to applicable Company and industry standards.
- Read rig documents to ascertain equipment capabilities according to design and regulations.
- Inspect to ascertain that pertinent equipment-handling has been observed.
- Issue Certificate of Compliance when violations are not detected.
- Recommend remedial procedures to correct deficiencies.
- Analyze data obtained from surveys, formulate recommendations pertaining to rig equipment capacities, and write report of findings.
- Be able to inspect / survey rig drilling equipment, tubulars and handling equipment, mud systems, engine systems, marine systems, material-handling equipment, maintenance management, safety systems, using Subsea Solutions' formatted checklist. Generate daily reports and recommended action list.
- Organize, brief, and directly control assistance team for pulling the BOP stack.
- Support operations involving subsea and surface support equipment.
Comply with all company policies.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to quality, health, safety and the environment.
- Apply Subsea Solutions’, and where appropriate, the client company’s, quality, health, safety and environment policies, and Safety Management Systems.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and lead by example to ensure that the company goals are achieved and exceeded.
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience: Five (5) or more years’ experience as a Sr. Subsea Technician
Certifications / Physicals
Must possess the physicals and certificates required to work on offshore drilling rigs.
Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.